Sunday, March 22, 2009

Boulder Permaculture Garden announced

According to this page on the Transition Colorado website, Boulder has approved a 1.3 acre permaculture garden. The garden will be located next to the Boulder homeless shelter, and is aimed at adult education as well as food production.

I was unable to find official verification of this announcement, but there is apparently a meeting on Tuesday, Mar 24, 2009 to finalize the layout and do more sheet mulching.

Much more on the event announcement page.

1 comment:

SOMA said...

Hey there,

I am planning on moving to Boulder in July, and I have no idea where to begin looking as far as finding people practicing permaculture inside the city. I've worked for a farm in Florida, and I'd like to see what Boulder might be able to offer me as far as opportunities to learn permaculture, I just have no idea where to begin that search (minus google).

Thanks